Welcome to the Morrab Gardens
These beautiful subtropical gardens stretch for three and a half acres and host an array of exotic plants and unusual flowers.
The gardens were originally built by Samuel Pidwell in 1841 for his own use but were bought by the Penzance Corporation in the 1880s and opened as a free public park.
In 1904 a memorial garden was added to commemorate those who died in the Boer War and a year later a bandstand was added so the public could enjoy open air concerts, which are still held on some summer evenings.
Named after the Cornish "mor app" meaning "sea and shore", the gardens are open every day and house the Morrab library.